The intent of our Science curriculum is to
- To secure an understanding of the world around them through investigation of scientific ideas and concepts.
- To develop children’s curiosity by raising awareness of science all around them.
- Enable children to make links between science and other subjects in order to secure their knowledge and deepen understanding.
- Equip children with skills to work scientifically – different types of enquiry, working logically and sequentially.
- Complement the characteristics of effective learning – children will think critically, play and explore and learn in active ways.
The intended impact is that children will:
- Children have strong foundations of learning in science and are ready for the next stage of their education.
- Children develop their passion for science.
- Children will become independent and curious scientists who ask questions and discover things for themselves.