The intent of our Geography curriculum is to
- Inspire a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people.
- Equip children with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with an understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes.
- Develop knowledge of the interaction between physical and human processes and of the formation and use of landscapes and environments.
- Allow children to explore their locality and to investigate, enquire about and recognise their own place in the world
- Develop skills of interpreting, questioning and analysis of geographical sources of information and data.
The intended impact is that children will:
- Children will have an enthusiasm for geography, both locally and further afield.
- Children will have a deeper understanding of the social and environmental world around them, underpinned by a consideration of, and responsibility for changes in the future.
- Children will have acquired key geographical knowledge and skills that they can use in their next step of education and throughout their lives.